I guess it’s easier to think about all the bad things in life and what isn’t going the way you want it to. I think that it’s human nature for us to automatically focus on the not so positive things in life – even though we know that the more we think about them the more down we’re going to be. Lately, I’ve been trying to be more positive when it comes to every day life, trying to think about all the good things and what’s going right for me at the moment. So, I’m going to share with you a brief list of ten things that are making me happy right now.
- Dogs (mine and other peoples)
- Writing (whether it’s blogging or in my own private notebooks)
- The weather (despite being a bit too hot in bed at night and in the office, and the dreaded hay-fever, I do actually enjoy the sunshine)
- Food (gotta love it)
- Family (especially my Mum, she’s not just an amazing Mum but a great laugh)
- Work (although it exhausts me and I do my fair share of complaining, I’d be bored and lost without a full time job)
- My new short hair
- Busy (but fun) weekends
So, there you go. Sorry for the short post, but I hope this list encourages anyone reading this to think about ten things that are making them happy right now. Even if you can’t think of ten, even having that one thing that brings positivity into your life is so important, and you should focus on that as much as you can. Thanks for reading!
– S x